Bar W Packages, Payment & Cancellation Policies
Bar W Packages – 6 night stays
The Bar W Packages include accommodations, meals, horse program, and majority of ranch activities.
- Deposit: 50% of total (Package & Lodging Tax) is required at time of booking.
- Balance is due 90 days prior to arrival.
- If you are booking within the 90 days; balance is due at time of booking.
- 90 days or more prior to arrival date: Deposit is refunded minus 10% of the package rate (not deposit) as a cancellation fee.
- Between 45-89 days prior to arrival: No money is refunded. There is a 20% cancellation fee of the package rate (not the deposit), but the balance of the deposit can be applied to a future stay.
- Less than 45 days: 100% non-refundable.
- We strongly encourage travel insurance.
No-shows will be charged the full amount. Parties arriving with fewer guests than reserved for will be charged the full amount. There is no adjustment to the final bill for early departure, unforeseen departure, or changes in itinerary.
Travel Insurance – for a nominal fee, we recommend trip or vacation insurance for “last minute” unforeseen situations where you need to cancel your trip. Call Travel Guard at 877-249-5376 and reference product number 109400, along with the “Dude Rancher’s Association”. Click Here for more information.
Unaccompanied Minors – Physical activity is always subject to the potential for medical care being necessary. The Bar W Guest Ranch requires that minors who are accompanied by adults who are not their parents or legal guardians be covered and able to show proof of health care power of attorney valid in the State of Montana in favor of the accompanying adult(s). In addition, the registration process will require certification as follows: “I certify I am either the legal guardian of or the authorized agent under a healthcare power of attorney valid in Montana for every minor in my party.”
Method of Payment
The Bar W accepts American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover cards.
- We offer a 10% discount for returning guests! This is not applicable if using a promo.
- No pets allowed.
- We do not pay travel agent commissions.
- If you weigh between 225-230 pounds upon arrival at the ranch, your rides will be limited to ranch only trail rides and arena work, when we have horses available. If you weigh more than 230 pounds upon arrival, you will not be able to ride at all. If you book as a rider, there will not be a refund if you cannot ride due to being overweight. Weights will be checked upon arrival.
- There is a local Whitefish lodging assessment of 1% on the lodging portion of your stay.
- Montana has an 8% tax, applicable to the lodging portion of your stay.
- There is an airport shuttle fee of $55 each way ($110 round trip) per each group being picked up at the same time. If your group requires more than one van (10 people), then a second charge will apply. These charges are applied after the end of your stay.
- Bar W’s facilities are non-smoking. Smoking in the rooms, or on the balconies, will incur a room recovery fee of $300.